Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Guru Purnima

I never attempt to answer difficult questions. So If someone asks me who is a guru, what should be the properties to look in a guru, should the guru be "enlightened" etc, I dont answer. I dont answer, not because I am proud, but because I myself dont know the answer.

I know my first guru. She is my mother. She is still my guru. Then the next guru is my father. Then all the other gurus start, school teachers, friends, etc etc. These all are a part and parcel of life. My mother taught me so many things, but the most important thing she gave me was security. To be a guru you should be able to give security. What security? Just physical or mental, spiritual etc. I think it should be all. The person whose mere presense gives us a feeeling of security is our guru. My father has always told me, dont worry, i am with you always. So he too became my guru. My boss in my first job told me, dont worry you just work, your salaries and increments i will take care and he too became my guru.

Second aspect my mother and father became my guru, was because they answered my queries. Answered to my satisfaction. Answered only that much I could take. They did not tell me to read this and read that. They told the facts and told it simply. That built a love, a respect and a meaning to pray them. So a guru should be knowledgeable. This way my maths teacher, history teacher, english teacher all became my guru. All could answer my queries and I loved their presence because there was something to learn.

Third aspect of my mother and father was motivation. Ups and downs are a part of life. Seeing their life I always felt that there was success for hardwork, dedication, honesty and persistance. Unconditional love, and Patience. All this has build the immune system in myself. I know that what ever happens in the world, society, friends, family, there is always a good reason behind it. If my parents could live such a happy life, when people kept telling the situation was adverse then it means they are great. Their formula is a winning formula. A guru gives you a winning formula.

Swami Hariharji has given me all this. His mere thought brings all this in me. He gives me Security, Knowledge and Motivations. With such a simple life he lived for a century. His needs were so limited. He started so many ashrams world wide. Still no tension, no BP, no blood sugar, no chlorestrol, no heart attack nothing. Always smiling, blessing and motivating. I see people going for weight loss programs, counting calorie intake, busy making money, no time syndrome and still dying young. Here we have our Hariharji, Guruji. He had all the time, and created all the success, and lived the best of lives and moved a million hearts.

I understand, Guru Brahma, Guru Vishnu, Gurudevo Maheshvarah. Guru Sakshat Parabrahma Tasmaishree Gurave Namah.

Jai Gurudev.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home